I use the Sony ECMCS3 as my “go to” mic for making YouTube videos.
The video below is my whole review, but here are the bullet points:
- Very sensitive and picks up sound very loudly, so positioning is important
- Uses “plug in power” so it won’t work with many smart phones and laptops
- Works great with a DSLR or portable recording device
- Cord is about three feet (90cm) long
- Clip rotates 360 degrees, but is made of cheap, slippery plastic and loses grip easily
- Very affordable at about $15